The INTESOL Journal, a professional, refereed journal, encourages submission of previously unpublished articles on topics of significance to individuals concerned with language teaching and learning. As a publication that represents a variety of cross-disciplinary interests, both theoretical and practical, the INTESOL Journal invites manuscripts on a wide range of topics, especially in the following areas:
• psychology and sociology of language learning and teaching
• issues in research and research methodology
• testing and evaluation
• professional participation
• curriculum design and development
• instructional methods, materials, and techniques
• language planning professional standards
Because the INTESOL Journal is committed to publishing manuscripts that contribute to bridging theory and practice in our profession, it particularly welcomes submissions that address the implications and applications of research in, for example,
• applied and theoretical linguistics
• English education, including reading and writing theory
• first and second language acquisition
The INTESOL Journal prefers that all submissions be written in a style that is accessible to a broad leadership, including those individuals who may not be familiar with the subject matter.
Special Topic Issues
The INTESOL Journal is an annual publication; however, one additional issue per volume may be devoted to a special topic. Topics are approved by the INTESOL Journal’s Editorial Advisory Board. Those wishing to suggest topics or serve as guest editors should contact the editor. Issues will generally contain both invited articles designed to survey and illuminate central themes as well as articles solicited through a call for papers.