Already have a Username/Password for Indiana Libraries?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- This manuscript or manuscript with substantially similar content has not been previously published or simultaneously submitted to another journal. OR, you have secured permission from necessary parties to republish.
- Format. Manuscript text is in 12-pt Times New Roman Font and double-spaced throughout with one-inch margins on all sides. Pages are unnumbered.
- Style. Manuscript follows the 6th ed of the American Psychological Association (APA) guide for in-text citations.
Images/Photos. Permission to use graphic materials (illustrations, images, photographs, screen captures, etc.) has been obtained.
The publishing industry has grown increasingly complex in recent years, particularly with the expansion of new technologies for the delivery of information. In order to better manage the rights associated with your Article, and to provide optimal access to it, we believe that you, the Author, should hold the copyright to your Article, but that you should grant us, Indiana Libraries, appropriate rights to use your Article for the benefit of the scholarly and professional community. We believe that this arrangement will properly serve our shared interests in reaching the largest readership possible. We also believe that by securing certain rights in the Article, we will be better able to disseminate your Article through research databases, commercial aggregators, on the Internet or CD-ROM, and by other means that will exist in the years to come.
To that end, the parties to this Agreement agree as follows:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal. This Agreement shall in no way limit your right to:
a. Reproduce, distribute, display, and transmit copies of the Article, whether in your own typescript or as PDF or other images from the pages of Indiana Libraries, for your own personal, professional, or educational purposes, provided that each copy includes appropriate credit to Indiana Libraries as the original published source of the Article.2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
b. Publish all or part of the Article in subsequent works of your own, such as a new article on the same subject or a book of which you are an author, provided that you credit Indiana Libraries as the original published source of the relevant material.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their Website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.4. You represent and warrant that the Article is your original work, that you own the copyright in its entirety, that it contains no material that infringes the copyright of any other person, that it has not been published previously, and that you have the full power and authority to enter into and perform this Agreement. To the extent that you are aware of any reason to believe that these statements may not be true about your Article, attach appropriate explanations to this Agreement. The editors of Indiana Libraries reserve the right to reconsider publication of the Article based on questions about these matters.
5. Although you remain the copyright owner, you grant to Indiana Libraries, the Indiana Library Federation and affiliated organizations, the irrevocable, nonexclusive rights to:
a. Publish, reproduce, publicly distribute and display, and transmit the Article or portions thereof in any manner, including but not limited to journals, as part of collective works, as reprints, and through any medium now in existence or developed in the future including but not limited to print, electronic and digital media, computerized retrieval systems, and other formats. Indiana Libraries may exercise these rights directly or by means of third parties, including but not limited to H.W. Wilson, EBSCO, IUPUIScholarWorks, and other publishers, aggregators, and similar parties.6. Indiana Libraries shall publish your Article in accordance with its customary publication schedule, policies, and formats as they may exist from time to time, including without limitation print and electronic versions of Indiana Libraries. In support of librarianship and research, we currently use our best efforts to include a notice on each printed copy of Indiana Libraries that is substantially as follows:
b. Adapt, translate, and format the Article as Indiana Libraries sees appropriate.
c. Grant permission to third parties to reproduce and distribute the Article for educational or research uses, provided that Indiana Libraries requests of the third party that: (i) the author and Indiana Libraries are identified on each copy; and (ii) proper notice of copyright is affixed to each copy.
d. Use the author’s name and likeness in promoting the Article or Indiana Libraries.
e. The Author grants the above rights without claim of royalties or other compensation.
Copyright 2010, Indiana Library Federation. Except as may be expressly provided elsewhere in this publication, permission is hereby granted to reproduce and distribute copies of individual works from this publication for research, library, and nonprofit educational purposes, provided that copies are distributed at or below cost, and that the author, source, and copyright notice are included on each copy. This permission is in addition to rights granted under Sections 107, 108, and other provisions of the U.S. Copyright Act.
Due to changing circumstances in the publishing industry and in copyright law, we must reserve the right to revise or delete this notice on future publications that include your Article. This copyright notice in the name of the Indiana Library Federation on the journal issue does not preclude your adding a copyright notice in your name to your individual Article or copies of it.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.