Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- New or Returning Authors: Login or create an author profile using your ORCID ID. We encourage you to add an existing ORCID ID to the Public Tab of your Author profile. Please start from “https:” to copy/paste the information from your ORCID ID profile. Note: Feel free to upload the ORCID IDs and contact information for non-corresponding authors in a separate document titled, “Author Contact Information.”
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it currently before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- My project was as approved by the appropriate committee (Human Ethics, Institutional Review Board, or Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee).
- Voices of Experience, Hypothesis Failure, Methods Moment, and Research Article submissions must be anonymized. Not anonymizing your document pre-submission increases the turnaround around time.
- Multi-authored submissions have completed the CRediT Author Statement as outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Submission files must be in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format. Do not submit PDFs.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Figures, Images, and Illustrations are labeled consecutvely as (Figure, Image, or Illustration X) at the appropriate place within the text. Legends are placed at the bottom of the manuscript after the references.
- Table(s) should be clearly labeled in the text (e.g., Table X) and they remain in the manuscript.
- Where available, DOIs for references have been provided. Web-only references include URLs and date of access.
- All citations for the submission conform to the most current edition of Vancouver. All in-text citations are indicated with superscripts.
- Figures, images, and illustrations are uploaded separately as standard letter size with file type PNG or TIFF.
Submissions should aim for ~1500 words but not exceed 2000 words. Word count includes the abstract, which is limited to 200 words, but it does not include references.
All works in Hypothesis are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license. Authors own copyright of their articles appearing in Hypothesis. Readers may copy articles without permission of the copyright owner(s), as long as the author(s) and the Medical Library Association are acknowledged in the copy, and the copy is used for educational, not-for-profit purposes. For any other use of articles, please contact the copyright owner(s).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.