Already have a Username/Password for Journal of Teaching Writing?
Go to Login
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining; and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Journal of Teaching Writing Agreement
The Journal of Teaching Writing (the "Publisher") and the Author agree as follows:
1. In consideration of the Publisher's agreement to publish the Work, Author hereby grants and assigns to Publisher the non-exclusive right to print, publish, reproduce, or distribute the Work throughout the world in all means of expression by any method now known or hereafter developed, including electronic format, and to market or sell the Work or any part of it as it sees fit. Author further grants Publisher the right to use Author's name in association with the Work in published form and in advertising and promotional materials. Copyright of the Work remains in Author's name.
2. Author agrees not to publish the Work in print form prior to publication of the Work by the Publisher. The author agrees to cite, by author, title, and publisher, the original JTW publication when publishing the work elsewhere. This may be done through a tagline, author bibliography, or similar means.
3. The Author represents and warrants that the Work: (a) is the Author's original work and that Author has full power to enter into this Agreement; (b) does not infringe the copyright or property of another; (c) contains no material which is obscene, libelous, defamatory or previously published, in whole or in part, except as follows:______________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________. Author shall indemnify and hold Publisher harmless against loss of expenses arising from breach of any such warranties.
Author Signature Date
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.