Contributors are strongly encouraged to submit manuscripts of no more than 15-20 double-spaced pages or 7,000 words (including references, notes, and tables). Submit one copy plus an informative abstract of not more than 200 words. If possible, indicate the number of words at the end of the article. To facilitate the blind review process, authors’ names should appear only on a cover sheet, not on the title page; do not use running heads.
In every case, copyright of work appearing in INTESOL Journal is retained by the author. Individual articles may be reprinted for educational purposes, provided that no fees (other than copying costs) are charged. For information regarding more extensive copying or reproduction for other purposes, contact: Managing Editor, INTESOL Journal, firstname.lastname@example.org
INTESOL Journal prefers online submissions through the journal’s online submission system. Please visit https://journals.iupui.edu/index.php/intesol/user/register to create a user name and password prior to submitting a manuscript.
When evaluating a manuscript for publication in the INTESOL Journal, reviewers consider the following factors:
- The manuscript appeals to the general interests of INTESOL’s readership.
- The manuscript strengthens the relationship between theory and practice: Practical articles must be anchored in theory, and theoretical articles and reports of research must contain a discussion of implications or applications for practice.
- The content of the manuscript is accessible to the broad readership of the INTESOL membership.
- The manuscript offers a new, original insight or interpretation and not just a restatement of others’ ideas and views
- The manuscript makes a significant practical, useful, plausible contribution to the field.
- The manuscript is likely to arouse readers’ interest.
- The manuscript reflects sound scholarship and research design with appropriate, correctly interpreted references to other authors and works.
- The manuscript is well written and organized and conforms to the specifications of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th Ed.).
All submissions to the INTESOL Journal should conform to the requirements of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.), which can be obtained from:
American Psychological Association Book Order Department P.O. Box 92984 Washington, DC 20090-2984 USA
- All submissions to INTESOL Journal should be accompanied by a cover letter that includes a full mailing address and both a daytime and an evening telephone number. Where available, authors should include an email address and fax number.
- Authors of articles should include a very brief biographical statement (in sentence form, maximum 50 words), plus any special notations or acknowledgments that they would like to have included. Double spacing should be used throughout.
- Manuscripts submitted to INTESOL Journal cannot be returned to authors. Authors should be sure to keep a copy for themselves.
- It is understood that manuscripts submitted to INTESOL Journal have not been previously published and are not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- It is the responsibility of the author(s) of a manuscript submitted to a INTESOL Journal to indicate to the Editor the existence of any work already published (or under consideration for publication elsewhere) by the author(s) that is similar in content to that of the manuscript.
- The Editor of INTESOL Journal reserves the right to make editorial changes in any manuscript accepted for publication to enhance clarity, concision, or style. The author will be consulted only if the editing has been substantial.
- The Editor’s decisions are final.
- The views expressed by contributors to INTESOL Journal do not necessarily reflect those of the Editor, the Editorial Advisory Board, or INTESOL. Material published in the INTESOL Journal should not be construed to have the endorsement of INTESOL.
Copyright and publishing rights of work appearing in INTESOL Journal is retained by the author. Individual articles are licensed under a CC-BY NC 4.0 license.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.