Already have a Username/Password for Advances in Social Work?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- This paper or a paper with substantially similar content has not been previously published or simultaneously submitted to another journal.
- An abstract of 150 words or less is included at the beginning of the manuscript. A list of three to five key words that reflect the content of the manuscript is provided directly below the abstract.
- The manuscript has been sanitized so that the author(s) name(s) are not given.
- A separate title page with title, authors (including full contact information), and any special information is prepared for upload as a supplementary file.
- Identifying information (author name, etc.) has been removed from Word file properties.
- The manuscript is in Word for Windows format with 12 font, double space. Tables and figures are embedded in the manuscript NOT only placed as addendums at the end of the manuscript. The manuscript is no more than 30 pages in length, double-spaced, including references, tables, and figures.
- Citations, references, footnotes, and the overall format of the manuscript should follow the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th edition) style guidelines.
- Manuscript has been proofed and references checked.
- Copyright laws have been abided by.
- Authors grant to Trustees of Indiana University on behalf of Advances in Social Work a non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, and publicly distribute, perform, and display the work, with or without a subscription or access fee or other charge, in any medium now known or hereafter developed, separately or with other material, including making the work available through a keyword searchable database. This license includes the right to sublicense others to do any of the above.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Indiana University School of Social Work
902 West New York Street
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, 46202
Indiana University - Quality Education. Lifetime Opportunities.
Last updated: November 20, 2007
Copyright 2007, The Trustees of Indiana University
Content ©2007 IUSSW